CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) is an evidence-based, coordinated school health program designed to promote physical activity and healthy food choices from preschool through 8th grade. The program is implemented in over 7,500 schools and after-school programs across the United States and Canada.
As a partner in the national CATCH program, the St. Mary CATCH team provides:
- Monthly nutrition lessons as well as a healthy snack for all students at each afterschool program location
- A CATCH activity box and informational binder as a reference for fun physical activities that includes everyone
- Monthly visits from a physical activity consultant to demonstrate fun active games and to support the after school care staff in their physical activity challenges
- Monthly challenge calendars that promote eating well, physical activity and self-awareness
- Motivational prizes at the completion of the challenge calendar
By teaching children that eating healthy and being physically active every day can be FUN, the CATCH Program has proven that establishing healthy habits in childhood can promote behavior changes that can last a lifetime. As a partner in the national CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) Program, St. Mary initiated CATCH afterschool programs in multiple Bucks County School districts.
In the summer, St. Mary brings a nutrition lesson and healthy food tasting demonstration to various camps throughout the county.