At Mother Bachmann Maternity Center, women have access to the health care they need regardless of their ability to pay. This is the only maternity clinic of its kind in Bucks County. Certified nurse midwives provide obstetrical care to women who are uninsured and under-insured. The center also accepts most insurance coverage, including Medical Assistance, Keystone Mercy and several HMOs.
At the clinic, women have access to:
- Pre-natal and delivery care by staff members sensitive to multicultural differences
- Breast feeding guidance
- Confidential postpartum depression screening before delivery
- Nutrition education
- Smoking cessation classes
- Financial counseling
Through our collaboration with Catholic Social Services, patients who are identified as being at risk for postpartum depression are offered social support and provided case management services.
Expected frequency of prenatal visits (approximate schedule)
- 6 to 26 weeks - routine office visits monthly
- 26 to 36 weeks - routine office visits every two weeks
- 36 weeks to delivery - routine office visits weekly
In cases involving any medical complications, the frequency of prenatal visits is determined on a case-by-case basis.
To provide a continuum of care to new mothers and their families who are in crisis, St. Mary and our partners offer emergency housing in ten local apartments, where families receive financial counseling, parenting skills instruction, and computer education to help them in their search for employment. Mother Bachmann Maternity Center also offers confidential domestic violence evaluations and resource referrals in partnership with A Women's Place, a non-profit agency that helps women and families in crisis.
- All deliveries of newborn babies take place at St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne
- Obstetrical services, nurse midwives, staff obstetricians
- In-hospital infant care pediatricians, family-practice physicians
- High-risk pregnancy care, outpatient medical and obstetrical, related-care services
- Support services
- Case management
- Nutrition counseling
- Psychological counseling
- WIC services (food distribution program for women, infants and children)
- Parenting education classes
- Home-health care
- Interpreters available for non-English speaking patients
- Sign services for the hearing impaired
Please take a moment to view this video, as the Mother Bachmann Maternity Center was
For more information about the Mother Bachmann Maternity Center
Mother Bachmann Maternity Center is located at
2546 Knights Road, Bensalem, PA 19020
|The Mother Bachmann Maternity Center provides quality services to meet the needs of every new mother and child.