Interventional Radiology is a subspecialty that utilizes the guidance of x rays, CT and/or Ultrasound to perform minimally invasive procedures. This exciting field in radiology looks to many times avoid surgery.
The Department of Radiology at St Mary offers the full gamut of services in vascular and interventional radiology including:
- CT and Ultrasound guided biopsies
- CT and Ultrasound guided abscess drainages
- Lumbar puncture
- Arteriograms and angioplasty
- Arterial thrombolysis
- Arterial embolizations
- Deep vein thrombosis thrombolysis
- Uterine artery embolization
- Varicocele embolization
- Inferior Vena Cava filter placement and retrieval
- Retrieval of foreign bodies
- Port placement
- Venous access including PICC insertion and dialysis catheter placement
- Dialysis access maintenance
Oncologic intervention is a rapidly growing field in interventional radiology where we work closely with oncologists to treat certain tumors. Within this field we are able to perform radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation and chemoembolization.
Our department has several physicians dedicated to provide these services.
Michele Brown, M.D.
Jose Llerena, M.D
Joel Neuman, M.D.
Michael Rieder, M.D.
William Ross, M.D.
Gustavo Sanchez, M.D.
Our physicians may be reached at 215 710-6586