Health is influenced by many factors outside the healthcare system. These factors, known as determinants of health, include personal behaviors, genetics, social circumstances, economic and environmental factors, and access to health care. St. Mary is committed to improving the health of everyone in the community we serve by dedicating resources to programs that enable individuals to increase control over these aspects of health and thereby improve their health. These components are central to a health promoting organization.
In response to the growing number of struggling families needing guidance in developing social and economic skills, St. Mary Medical Center formed a unique collaboration with numerous Bucks County Social Service Agencies. Established in 1998 to provide a continuum of care and to remove the roadblocks that often keep families from accessing the care and services they need, the St. Mary Family Resource Center offers a multitude of services, free of charge, and under one roof.
Located in the same shopping center as Mother Bachmann Maternity Center and the Children's Health Center, the Family Resource Center is a place where people who are struggling are given the tools they need to become self-sufficient and financially stable, as well as physically and emotionally strong and healthy.
At the FRC, people who are most in need can access programs that help empower them to make sustainable changes in their lives. These include:
- Life Skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Financial planning on a limited budget
- Home-safety programs
- GED tutoring and preparation
- Nutritional information
- Preparing a balanced meal
- Shopping for wholesome food
- Parenting Education
- Parenting classes
- Play & Share sessions
- Discussion groups
- Outreach Adolescent Program
- Technology Center
In addition, counseling/case-management is offered for:
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling
The following services and program are also available at the FRC:
- Emergency Shelter: St. Mary Community Ministries, in partnership with the Bucks County Housing Group and Bucks County Children and Youth Social Services, provides emergency housing to qualified families, mostly single mothers and their children.
- Job Preparation/Placement
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Job Fairs
- Employment leads
- Technology Center: Basic computer skills for both adults and children Instruction in office productivity software
- Vita Education Services: English as a Second Language, Basic Literacy instruction, GED (General Equivalency Diploma) Preparation
- Citizenship Preparation Classes: 10-week Citizen Preparation Classes
Click here for the Family Resource Center brochure.
To learn more about the St. Mary Family Resource Center
call 215.245.8563 Extension 10